3rd Time Lucky

Photo by Maurine Kintu
This is the third time I am starting this blog! I will start with this, ironically, previous post.

I have read other people's blogs and commented on many for a long while but I haven't really felt the need to start one of my own. So why start a blog now? Well, I enjoy writing and sounding out ideas that are otherwise simply chaos in my mind. I haven't really had it in me to write a straight book but perhaps a blog would be good practice for me to work toward fulfilling that goal someday. One can dream can't one?
I opened the blog account in 2008 but I am only starting to use it now. That is some serious procrastinating! Let me see how long I will manage to maintain this.
Book by Louisa Le Marchand
A very good friend of mine Louisa Le Marchand published a book of poems Whispers in The Mists of Time and it really inspired me to collate my ideas and attempt to write something to completion. I have tried before but the most I ever did was 5 chapters and the plot run out or I got bored; perhaps both I don't remember which! Other attempts have stalled at chapter 3 or even 1! Its hard to keep oneself interested in narrating one's own thoughts for someone else to comprehend. Sad I know but this is the problem with wanting to do too many things. Being a musician, that takes up about 70% of my brain at the best of times and at odd times it goes to an all time high of 110%; in such times even eating is a nuisance because I am a slave to music and nothing else. When I have been excited about writing I haven't been able to sustain it long enough to go the whole hog except I have managed some scripts. Perhaps by blogging I will harness my writing and learn to revive a plot once I stall.

I will write about my involvement with and enjoyment of the arts including music of course, cinema, dance, African and Middle Eastern art and culture, new innovations in the field etc; basically my artistic interests.  I will discuss a lot of artists that I admire who never get recognised if only to vent my frustration. Hopefully it won't be too self-indulgent but blogs by their very nature are pretty much self-indulgent so I can hardly escape that or be blamed for it.

So see you back here soon and perhaps you may find something interesting to read. Please don't hesitate to comment, I relish criticism. Feel free to share.

Comments

I like, keep it up bro
Charlie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlie said…
Well, am officially at the frequent visitors list! Am sure it will be worth the time 😉
Unknown said…
will be watching this space
Unknown said…
Awesome!'Artsy' people like us need an outlet. I look forward to reading your thoughts (which usually resonate with mine in a #kikolaSense kinda way)
Unknown said…
Awesome!'Artsy' people like us need an outlet. I look forward to reading your thoughts (which usually resonate with mine in a #kikolaSense kinda way)
Unknown said…
Asaasira thanks for the creative use of #kikolaSense I dig.
Unknown said…
Yeah i concur Kaz and in a million times feel like you talking about me. Not very easy writing but always useful sharing a tenth of the million things we ponder upon everyday. Keep blogging, i am inspired!

Popular posts from this blog

HOW DO I PUT A PRICE TO MY ART?

THE TORTURED ARTIST MYTH